Dear Prince Charming

Let me just start by saying I am a big fan of your work. You have saved countless maidens in all the fairytales - from Snow White underground and silent to Cinderella locked away in a tower. There is all these promises given to us when we are little imploring us to wait for it. Someday we will find our prince (or princess.)

However, you have let me down. You have kept me disappointed and waiting so long that I don't think I can give you another chance. I have tried everything. I waited for you. I practiced what I was going to say when I met you. I encouraged myself that this time you wouldn't run away. That you would stay and love me for all that I am - warts and all. When that didn't work, I tried to change myself. Then I tried to get your attention. Failing time and time again. I was never enough. Never strong enough. Even if you held me and told me you loved me as I cried, it would never be enough. I was already broken long ago.

If you are reading this and you are my Prince Charming, I am sorry. I don't believe in you anymore. I can no longer open myself to love, happiness or anything that feels good. It is too late to rescue me. I am sorry. Love is just a fairytale they tell little kids to make them feel special and not alone. Now that I know it doesn't exist, I will never be vulnerable again. Never allowing myself to get close or trust somebody. No one can be trusted and I am done.

It seems so tragic honestly because with you, I was so happy. I could see the future and two wonderful children.

Don't contact me. I am sick of waiting for the third act twist. Believing in happily ever afters. They don't happen to girls like me.

Goodbye my prince

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Chapter 1 (Condensed Version)

Lost in Thoughts

Past Lives or Schizophrenic?