I can't decide!

I am sick of my parents criticizing everything I do. It is never enough with them. In terms of trying to fit in with their expectations, it fails every time because they are both hypercritical and fail to see that I am trying to find my way in the world.

Like my major: Public Relations. I chose after going through Political Science, International Relations and Sociology as a degree. It seemed to be the only major intertwined with all these things. However, everything is wrong because Mom and Dad didn't chose it. Dad wants me to be an Education major but I have no desire to be a teacher. Should I force myself to change my mind for a more stable career? Then my mom wants me to be a Journalist. This would be dandy if my dad didn't say, "Well I don't know babe. That is a hard career field to break into." Everyone in my mom's family thinks I should do what I love. Everyone in my dad's family is doubting I should be in college at all if I am not making good grades and don't have a career plan.

Apparently I have to decide where I am going to school, if I want to ditch the wimpy ex boyfriend using me for sex, if I want to change my major, if I want to drop Chinese.

I really liked Chinese but I was convinced by my family to drop it for a while. It was a big mistake because I was unable to catch myself back into learning. Now it reads like HTML. Like a foreign language I have no connection with. Including all the students in my class wondering why a white girl is taking Mandarin.

So why do they keep criticizing me? I have lost all my confidence and I am told I can't make my own decisions. I have to decide

.whether to transfer 
.whether to run for libertarian club next tear (though I am not libertarian)
.whether or not to take Chinese next year or keep it as a minor
.if I am selling my apartment
.if I am changing my major
.what apartment I would move into
.if I am going to China next summer
.whether to take a break from college (cause even though I am halfway through, I have no clue what I am doing with my life anymore)

Forget that my heart is broken. Babies! Children! I need to be on the bandwagon. I need to decide! I can't decide anything now! All I want is for time to stand still but it is moving so fast. Screw my parents. I love them but seriously.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Chapter 1 (Condensed Version)

Lost in Thoughts

Past Lives or Schizophrenic?