Psychology

Psychology has a lot of flaws and mostly it is shit when you study it for too long. I don't want to go into all the long, extraneous details (so this may sound unfactual but you the reader need to trust me as a credible voice from my own perspectives, research and experience saving you time in going through every piece of boring research from the other side that is a bunch of bullshit) but until you are locked in a mental institution and forced on psychiatric drugs and are told there is no future awaiting you as you feel impending guilt you did something wrong - you won't realize how redundant and fabricatory the stuff is. Sure we can be depressed from time to time but that doesn't mean we have a chemical imbalance. A "chemical imabalance" doesn't even exist. There is no science to prove it. Psychology is only a field meant to help you discover ways of solving your problems. It should never be viewed as "one-size-fits-all" or that a pill can fix all your problems. You can make logical conclusions from accepting the system and perhaps gain benefits from it but you will never understand it unless you see the underlying principles behind it: $. Even MBTI is a money scam promising a better life for you if you pay to take the test, discover your type and find areas to help you grow. Defenders would say cognitive functions of your type develop at different stages of life but I disagree. I was once an INTJ, now I am an INFP and I am sure my type will change again. Defenders would say I made this up or I am crazy but a wide variety of peope who take the test get different results. Just like how mental illness can change over time. I was diagnosed with ADHD at 12, Bipolar Disorder at 18. Though co-occuring disorders develop as more medication is introduced to the individual, the actual mental state of one undiagnosed is unaccounted for. People assume an illness, like a personality type, is permanent for life. Like a marriage, religion, college major or career. It just "can't change" but it can and it's sometimes better to let people change. To help them find the tools to succeed and not prohibit them from their full potential. Such ideas are not as maddening as Freud led himself to believe. Freud is the father of modern psychology! So I just think the whole system is fabricated though I sometimes use the lingo prompted by my environment. My better judgement tells me not to believe what I have been told so blindly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Chapter 1 (Condensed Version)

Lost in Thoughts

Past Lives or Schizophrenic?