Molding and Shaping

I try to cut and shape my heart
As best as I can
Try my best to mold it into the perfect shape
Unfortunately, I find as soon as I finish shaping the mold
Trying my best to drift off to sleep
Thoughts come back into my head
Nagging me and pulling at my sanity
I want to change my heart
So I go back to shaping
Go back to imagining you here
When you were a kid
Worried people would judge you by the color of your skin
Restricted from full freedom but with a heart as mighty as a lion
You learned to love your chains
Began to respect everyone
Creating within yourself a motto
"Treat others the way you want to be treated"
I wish I could do the same
Because countless times
After many insults 
You never were really gone
Though you could not take me again
Your forgiveness is monumental
I almost wonder how to achieve what you have
Acceptance of the way things are
I look to the past
Trying to recognize why prejudices began to fill my mind
Only to recognize the past as a dream I can no longer touch
But you
A past of you could last forever
People who meet you not recognizing how special and important you are
I don't get why you are great
But you are
Dark benches where you sat
A school flagpole flying overhead
These are relics of you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Chapter 1 (Condensed Version)

Lost in Thoughts

Past Lives or Schizophrenic?