Call of Impulse

I am going down the road
The lady is pushing behind me
I realize the effect of my actions
Pushing myself far away
On a road that leads to nowhere
I seem to remember a time when I was put together

The crystalized windows of the Presbyterian chapel reminding me of wholeness, stillness and perfection
As a cacophony of voices reach a crescendo
The sun shining on the football field
Memories we will remember as graduating seniors going onto the rest of our lives
Cinderella finding her Prince
Eternal bliss in the comfort of suburban homes and holidays
School events and ballet recitals
Writing in my diary
Waiting for that story that would inspire meaning
Inspire hope

But I moved on from that world into the country
Seeing things in an entirely different light
Beat up cars
Dusty and scratched windows
Butterflies dancing among the trash
Abandoned trailers taken over by cobwebs and roaches
Trees where you can walk in and cry but no one would hear your name
The field were I offered up my virginity to my Prince of the Night
I know it now all too clearly
I have changed
I took the Red Pill

Now she is gaining in her car
As we speed down the country road
She is angry and she can see my license plate
She knows I am from the city and she has no patience
She will pass me if I slow down too much

So I keep going
I keep moving
Maybe down the road I will find a place to turn around and go back the opposite direction
But I heard the call of my impulse
For now, there is no going back

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Chapter 1 (Condensed Version)

Lost in Thoughts

Past Lives or Schizophrenic?