Lost Love

When you lose love
It's like an attack on your soul
The biggest lie
We tell ourselves
Is that we should have known
Humans are polyamorous animals
Always looking for the next best mate
Competing for sex
Thar is why I remember heartbreak most
I had a lover once
His hands different than my own
There is something so sexual and powerful
In doing something you are not supposed to do
What I did with you
Now the universe is a void
Left with your remains and I
Sick to be apart of it
Fled to a different realm like a ghost
Yet you can't really ignore
What you've escaped
I ask myself everyday
What am I doing?
Who am I kidding?
Will any of this ever make sense?
While the past rolls on endlessly behind me
Feeding each of my past selves to the wolves
Comfort dies like quick flame
Once I felt your body between the sheets
Now you have turned into dust
I step under the cold space skies
Guided by an inner light
Lit from an invisiblw hand
From places unknown
The place is different
The people have changed
The memories have stayed the same

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Chapter 1 (Condensed Version)

Lost in Thoughts

Past Lives or Schizophrenic?