Lament

All that I gave up to you
Amidst all my fear
Led to the bare skin of our bodies touching
You called me beautiful and told me you loved me
It was never enough and now you are with her
The responses on your Facebook photo
"You guys look so cute together!"
As you smile cause you feel you found love
I sit in the darkness of my room
Loudly crying as my roommate talks to her boyfriend next door
She called me a "slut"
I cry and I cry
Nobody will ever find me beautiful again
All of it was for nothing
Every hope I had for a long lasting love was dashed
My quests for love were in vain
You can just continue all your bad behavior
I can continue to get insulted by the internet
You grow fatter and taller
Your eyes pop out at the sight of your meal
Filthy cannibal
My limbs ache
Plastered to my bed
Life goes on
The Prince will find a new Cinderella
I thought I was she
I turned into her nasty stepsister by the time you were done with me
Now who could ever want me?
Who could ever believe me?
Nobody
You took it all so they keep talking
Telling each other that I caused it
Ignoring me because you were scared about your reputation
It doesn't matter how many times I apologize
The damage has been done
I cry and I cry
Then come the Holidays and little ones
Me: The Weird Aunt surrounded by it all
All I get is pity cause I was so unlucky
So Disney is a lie now
Cinderella's tower illuminating the scene
I could never get invited to the ball
I am Maleficent
Hated by the faeries
Misunderstood by all

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Chapter 1 (Condensed Version)

Lost in Thoughts

Past Lives or Schizophrenic?