Lost in Thoughts

A cold winter and my hands are frozen
My eyes are weary
For a long time they were open
There are piles of books
Each waiting be open
There are pictures of worlds
Of emotions left unspoken
There is a formula for the writer
A certain system to be achieved
We must display the characters
As neither good or bad
Just psychological
Significant humans
A location
A scene focused on it's nature
The sunlight pouring through it's trees
The drowsy morning of a mid summer
The cold walk during the middle of the night in December
Christmas lights adorning the trees
A girl walks with her arms wrapped around her chest
Wishing it was easier
Wishing he was here
There are things fantastical to be written about
Yet there are also those normal, everyday moments
There is a mastery of language that is needed
A mastery of languages
A mastery of diction
A mastery of lyric
Yet all the same
A clear voice
So that anyone could read it
Original but not too original
Enough to set itself unique from the crowd
Not enough that it flops in reception entirely
So much work to be done
My head reels
I am ignoring my emotions
Amidst this lonely absence
Of someone's loving arms
I wonder how long it will last
Even I know that we can't depend our lives on another
Still I long for my wounds to be healed
By someone else
I find it to be so completely lovely
How long will winter last I wonder?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Chapter 1 (Condensed Version)

Past Lives or Schizophrenic?