Darkness and Breeze

Rolling in bed
Desiring sleep
Something to give me good dreams
Nighttime and no noise
No one calling my name
Or breathing out in the dark
I miss you

The lights shine on the lake
Midnight approaches
Time we had comes to an end
More time to wait
Less time to feel happy and whole
Missing my friend

Weekend coming
Empty conversations
Reveling in the past
Problems I make up
Pushing people away
Got to put on a happy face
Even within all the misery
Dean Buckner is watching

Hospital in Savannah
Waiting for my return
The loss of a dream
Onslaught of failure
Cold sheets and light blaring in the hallway
Lady in a chair, making sure I don't hurt myself

Child crying
Youth behind me
Wondering about you lately
If your marriage is better
Feeling lonely in my own home

Flights below
Looking over the city
Cold echoes
Future has arrived
The world is colder and less certain
At any moment, death screams to approach

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Chapter 1 (Condensed Version)

Lost in Thoughts

Past Lives or Schizophrenic?