Falling Asleep

The silent clock ticks away at our moaning
The silent lamplight shines above the scene brazenly
As closeness lures two lonely bodies together into one flesh

These whispers of Christ are far away
I don't feel guilty for what I feel
For whatever reason
The closeness is empowering
With safety hidden within this single moment

I breathe in the anesthesia
My arms are tied down by the IV 
Both lying by my sides, under the warm blanket
This vulnerability to those around me makes me feel so beautiful when I am so weak
My cheeks are flushed and I muster a faint little smile
As the anesthesia pulls me under

I am so heavy
So downtrodden by my sadness
Each tear makes me smile
Each bruise makes me laugh
Who would have guessed that when death was bringing me down, I would feel my best?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Chapter 1 (Condensed Version)

Lost in Thoughts

Past Lives or Schizophrenic?