Giving Up

I am giving up on love. I am giving up the belief that there is one person we are destined to spend the rest of our life with. That they will have a certain amount of qualities as well as I. That we will be emotionally mature enough to deal with a long term relationship. I should have thought of this a while ago. Maybe it's just a sign. Like some people aren't meant to be popular, to go to college, to become rich or to find love. It's not the end of the world because if you find love, you have to keep it too. If you can't keep it, what's the point of finding it? For a temporary relief of happiness and belief in all the Disney Princess movies? I am not missing out on anything. I just have to find other ways to enjoy my life rather than going out and meeting people. I can read, write, study, go to school, shop, work, etc. I could even make more friends but love is off the table. Love isn't for me. Babies. Animals. Mortgages. Weddings. Sex. Childbirth. Divorce. Why sign onto something that is 99% guaranteed to fail? My ex said no one will ever love me. It's probably more like I am unlikely to find love more so than I am likely to be horny. So I will avoid it at all costs. Better to feel nothing at all than be hurt. This will be okay I think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Chapter 1 (Condensed Version)

Lost in Thoughts

Past Lives or Schizophrenic?